Australia (Merxwire) – Created by craft beer retailer Beer Cartel, the 2019 Australian Craft Beer Survey is the most comprehensive study ever undertaken with Australian craft beer drinkers.
A study of over 23,000 craft beer drinkers has revealed Balter Brewing, established just over 3 years ago, has retained the title of Australia’s best craft brewery. Richard Kelsey, Director of Beer Cartel said that Balter taking out best craft brewery for the second year in a row really highlighted the quality of the brewery.
“We’ve been doing the Australian Craft Beer Survey for the past four years – this is the first time a brewery has taken out the title of Australia’s best brewery more than once. With an estimated 600 breweries now operating in Australia, it really does show the quality of Balter,” said Mr Kelsey.
Key findings of the research included:
– Balter has been voted Australia’s best craft brewery. For a second year in a row, consumers have chosen Balter as Australia’s best.
– Preference for cans has overtaken bottles for the first time. Overall preference for cans has grown 8 percentage points to 38%, while preference for bottles has decreased significantly to 27%.
– Awareness of the Independent Brewers Association (IBA) seal of independence has grown steadily. 41% are aware of the Independence Seal released by the Independent Brewers Association, up from 33% in 2018. Of these, most (58%) say the seal influences their purchase behaviour.
– Core range beers account for the majority of purchases. While past research indicated a large proportion of consumers are regularly drinking beers they’re never previously tried, the frequency of purchase of core range beers remains much higher.
– Most drinkers are positive towards the direction craft beer is heading and are excited by the opportunity to try different beers. Despite this a large proportion (76%) believe support of a breweries core range is important for its survival.
Stirling Howland, Co-Founder and Brand Director of Balter Brewing Company said the result was incredible.
“Geez it feels like we are on a bit of a hot streak at the moment with this sort of stuff. We know it doesn’t last forever! But it feels really nice and it’s super encouraging for our team. We show up every day to do the best we can for our beer community and we’re bloody stoked to see the brand staying relevant, and for the public to hold us in such high regard is a real honour.” said Mr Howland.
To learn more about the 2019 Australian Craft Beer Survey visit: http://www.beercartel.com.au/blog/2019-australian-craft-beer-survey-results/
Media Contact Information:
Name: Richard Kelsey
Phone Number: +61405251864
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org