US News & World Report released the 2019-20 Best Children’s Hospital Ranking, the 13th Annual Children’s Hospital Ranking is the most comprehensive source of quality information for US pediatric hospitals, will help Families with complex diseases and rare diseases find the best medical services for their children.
The latest ranking highlights the top 50 centers in these 10 pediatric majors, including cancer, cardiology and cardiac surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology and neurology Science, Plastic Surgery, Pulmonology and Lung Surgery and Urology.
Ten hospitals earned a place on the Honor Roll – a distinction awarded to pediatric centers that deliver exceptionally high-quality care across multiple specialties. For the sixth consecutive year, Boston Children’s Hospital claimed the top spot on the Honor Roll. It also landed at No. 1 in five of the 10 specialties; cancer, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, orthopedics and urology. Hospitals with No. 1 rankings in other specialties include Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (in diabetes & endocrinology and gastroenterology & GI surgery), Texas Children’s Hospital (in cardiology & heart surgery and pulmonology & lung surgery) and Children’s National Medical Center (in neonatology).
The 2019-20 Best Children’s Hospitals Honor Roll
1. Boston Children’s Hospital
2. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
3. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (tie)
3. Texas Children’s Hospital (tie)
5. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
6. Children’s National Medical Center
7. Nationwide Children’s Hospital
8. UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
9. Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
10. Seattle Children’s Hospital
Top Five Children’s Hospitals in Selected Specialties
Pediatric Cardiology & Heart Surgery
1. Texas Children’s Hospital
2. Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
3. UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
4. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
5. Boston Children’s Hospital
1. Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
2. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
3. Texas Children’s Hospital
4. Nationwide Children’s Hospital
5. Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
1. Children’s National Medical Center
2. Boston Children’s Hospital
3. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
4. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
5. UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals, San Francisco and Oakland
“While health care is rapidly changing, the objective of U.S. News’ Best Children’s Hospitals remains the same: provide families with a comprehensive and trusted starting point as they, in consultation with their doctors and other medical professionals, search for the pediatric care they need,” said Ben Harder, Chief of Health Analysis and Managing Editor at U.S. News. “Our rankings, now in their 13th year, have always put parents and young patients at the front and center of our mission.”
The Best Children’s Hospitals methodology factors objective measures such as patient outcomes, including mortality and infection rates, as well as available clinical resources and compliance with best practices. For more information about the 2019-20 rankings, please visit the FAQ.
RTI International, a North Carolina-based research and consulting firm, collected and analyzed data from children’s hospitals and surveyed thousands of pediatric specialists. More than 100 medical directors, pediatric specialists and other experts provided input through methodology working groups. To obtain input from additional medical professionals as well as families, the data experts from U.S. News and RTI will host a panel discussion in Washington, D.C., on November 18 about the rankings. The panel is among the track of Pediatrics sessions included in this year’s U.S. News Healthcare of Tomorrow summit, scheduled for November 17-19.
About U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is the global leader in quality rankings that empower people to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives. A digital news and information company focused on Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars and Civic, USNews.com provides consumer advice, rankings and analysis to serve people making complex decisions throughout all stages of life. More than 40 million people visit USNews.com each month for research and guidance. Founded in 1933, U.S. News is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
SOURCE U.S. News & World Report
More information, visit: Best Children’s Hospitals